Joint Dysfunction – Elbow, wrist & hand
Causes: Joint dysfunction, commonly presenting as joint pain or discomfort, can occur in joints of (insert applicable names). The pain can refer from the cartilaginous tissues linking the bones or associated structures.
Symptoms: Symptoms include pain and discomfort locally and referred. Slight swelling, stiffness and redness can also occur. People may also report restricted motion.
Examples: Scapholunate instability? Lunate fixation? Radial head restriction?…
How our experts can help: Depending on the findings of the history and patient examination, the chiropractor will recommend an individualized plan of management. The treatment options may include:
- Patient education & re-assurance
- Soft tissue therapy of associated structures
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic & lifestyle changes
- Refer and co-management (e.g. traumatic or dislocation)