Chiropractors help ease Canadians’ pain, enabling them to live the healthy, active lives they want. As a form of treatment, an estimated 4.7 million adult Canadians turned to a chiropractor in 2019 for spine, muscle and nervous system conditions. Chiropractic is a hands-on, non-invasive and drugless practice.
The CCA has been the national voice for chiropractors since 1953 by promoting the unique value and expertise chiropractors offer. We work with other healthcare professional associations, governments and private health insurers to make chiropractic care accessible to all Canadians who want it within a robust healthcare system that emphasizes care through integrated healthcare professional teams.
The Canadian Chiropractic Association’s communications team can be reached for all media inquiries. To schedule an interview with a chiropractor, discuss story ideas or photo opportunities, or for more information on a specific topic or issue, please contact:
Chief Brand Officer
416-585-7902/1-877-222-9303 ext. 242
186 Spadina Ave, Suite 6
- Canadian Chiropractic Association researching member attitudes about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Chiropractors Commend the Government’s new COVID-19 Financial Supports for Canadians Living with Disabilities
- National Convention and Tradeshow 2020 cancelled due to public health concerns related to COVID-19
- Almost One-Third of Canadians Say Back Pain Limiting Their Work & Daily Lives
- Public Statement on Chiropractic & Pediatric Care in Canada
- Approximately 4.5 million Canadians visit a chiropractor each year
- The CCA has over 7,800 members who are licensed doctors of chiropractic
- There are approximately 9,000 licensed doctors of chiropractic practicing in Canada
- Chiropractors receive 4,200 hours of training in core competencies of musculoskeletal conditions
- There are two accredited Chiropractic Colleges in Canada, including the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, ON, and the other is the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) in Trois-Rivières, Québec